Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Caroling


I took the 5th-9th graders from church Christmas caroling at a nursing home today. Those poor, poor people. I hope they laughed about it. Take 9 kids (only 3 of whom are willing to sing), 1 teenage piano player (who gave it a good effort, but it's really a lot harder to accompany people than it is just to play on your own, especially when the music is written in unsingable keys), and 4 adults (two of whom can't sing, one who can, and one with enthusiasm), and 2 preschoolers for the cute factor, and you've got quite an interesting concert.

Maybe next year we'll think this through first...

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At December 16, 2007 at 8:08 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

Aww, I'm sure they loved it! :) And which adult were you, hobbitsister -- the one with enthusiasm?

 
At December 16, 2007 at 10:27 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

um, no. i'm the one who can't carry a tune to save my life.

 
At December 16, 2007 at 10:31 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

Good for you! I wish more people would serve in our nursing home regardless of ability. It is a wonderful way to serve! I'm so proud of you all:)

 
At December 16, 2007 at 11:18 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

And I wish you would've taken me b/c I've never been caroling! :(

 
At December 17, 2007 at 8:00 AM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

erma would have gladly let you take her place :)

 
At December 17, 2007 at 12:59 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

haha, I bet :)

 
At December 17, 2007 at 10:38 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

who just doesn't go to rooms to sing? you might have had a little more luck then.

 
At December 17, 2007 at 10:42 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

we sang in the common room, so that more people could enjoy (?) it

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home