hmmm weird. It always takes a while to load but we put HUGE pictures up so I though that was the problem there. We don't seem to have those other problems though. I'll tell Josh- he might have some ideas on how to fix them. Mel- when you hit them so many times, does it open in lots of windows once it gets going or only one?
Ok, Josh says that if you're not already using Firefox, then you should because both problems (freezing and not showing up) are most likely related to your browser. Firefox is free and you just go to their site and download it. It works just like IE, just with less bugs and WAY fewer pop-ups. It's free because it's one of those programs that people wrote and continue to write as a group- everyone can contribute (if you know how to do that stuff) so that's why there are fewer bugs and such. It won't do java sites so you'll still need to keep IE for those few sites (like this one pregnancy calculator that I used- but that's the only one I've found) and sometimes things don't display properly because the picture is over the word, but I think Firefox corrected that with the latest version because I haven't noticed it lately Anyways, I hope this helps. Yell if this didn't make any sense!
11 Comments:
i think so -- poc! (but how can that be, since you always have pix up?)
it freezes, and so i have to try it again. it often takes 2 or 3 tries to get it to work
annoying computers...
i have to click on the little 'add picture' thing about 82 times before i get there
i always just click once...
(but i have other mac-being-noncompatible problems;)
yes you do
hmmm weird. It always takes a while to load but we put HUGE pictures up so I though that was the problem there. We don't seem to have those other problems though. I'll tell Josh- he might have some ideas on how to fix them.
Mel- when you hit them so many times, does it open in lots of windows once it gets going or only one?
Ok, Josh says that if you're not already using Firefox, then you should because both problems (freezing and not showing up) are most likely related to your browser. Firefox is free and you just go to their site and download it. It works just like IE, just with less bugs and WAY fewer pop-ups. It's free because it's one of those programs that people wrote and continue to write as a group- everyone can contribute (if you know how to do that stuff) so that's why there are fewer bugs and such. It won't do java sites so you'll still need to keep IE for those few sites (like this one pregnancy calculator that I used- but that's the only one I've found) and sometimes things don't display properly because the picture is over the word, but I think Firefox corrected that with the latest version because I haven't noticed it lately
Anyways, I hope this helps. Yell if this didn't make any sense!
i'll have to try that - josh is so smart!
just the one window
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home