Athletes of the Week
Melilot and I do a sister thing every year. We went to the Lumberjack World Championships in 2005 and to Graceland in 2006. But we had just about reached the end of this year without doing anything (thanks to the Locomotive Fiasco of 2007). Then a week or two ago, Mel had a brilliant idea - a batting cage!

How completely cool is that? Of course, it helps if you understand that the two of us combined have the athletic ability of a dish towel. Anyways, we did it, and I think I deserve a medal for bravery for the following reasons:
3. Mel made me call the place to reserve a cage (which it turns out, I didn't have to do. But I didn't know that until I'd called)
2. I put myself in the line of fire, entering a cage where balls were being pelted at me.
and the #1 reason - I put a nasty batting helmet on my head. How much grosser is that than wearing bowling shoes?
We went determined to have fun, regardless of how dorky we looked (which is how all of life should be approached). And you know what? We did (have fun and look dorky, both). And I managed to actually hit the ball 14 times! I am such a jock!!!!!
Mel, Erma, and Scout all deserve Athlete of the Week titles, too, because they rocked. You go, girls!!!! And we all get to go out for Blizzards because of our athletic prowess.
Props to my dad, who believed that I could hit at least one. And Enrique was encouraging, too (although I think we amuse him). Sadly, though, Scout was disappointed in Mel and me. "I wanted to laugh at you, but you actually weren't that bad." Thanks, Scout - we love you!
Labels: baseball, Enrique, I love my dad, locomotive fiasco of 2007, Melilot
5 Comments:
haha, sounds so much fun! Wish I got to go with you! :)
Is that one of the pictures you guys took, or did you & mel just both find the same picture online?
it's from the website of the batting cage we went to
ah :)
aww...i love scout!!! :D
and yes, you get a medal for bravery.
and you're right - we should approach life determined to have fun, regardless of how dorky we look.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home