Sunday, November 25, 2007

Restaurant Review: Famous Dave's

I love Famous Dave's. The food is yummy. I don't like ribs (although I've heard theirs are the best), but their chicken and smoked ham are both delicious. The biggest problem is deciding which side to get, because I love garlic mashed potatoes, and the corn on the cob is perfect, and I love the drunken apples, and they have really good cornbread, and the fries are tasty, and it's just too hard to choose.

My only complaint - the first time we went to a Famous Dave's, none of the chairs matched, the music was really honky tonk-y, and it just had a very hick feel to it that we loved. Since then they've matched the chairs and just overall made it look more like a chain restaurant. The food is still great, it's just lost the down home feel.

I should get a job there, because then I could have a name tag that says "Famous Hobbitsister".

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At November 25, 2007 at 6:42 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

that is very sad (the chain part), but yes, you should work there and be famous hobbitsister. or we could all just start calling you that.

 
At November 25, 2007 at 8:45 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

you could

 
At November 26, 2007 at 3:47 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

what are you famous for?

 
At November 26, 2007 at 5:11 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

all of their employees' nametags say "famous _______"

 
At November 26, 2007 at 6:38 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

i was teasing you ;) (but surely you are famous for something, right?:)

 
At November 27, 2007 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

ohh that does sound yummy! Is it just in your town or could I find it in ND?

 
At November 27, 2007 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

and yes, random chairs are always better than matching ones, except if you're trying to be fancy. I want to do mismatched chairs in our dining room- which is working great as our chairs break!

 
At November 27, 2007 at 9:38 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

it's a chain, so nd might possibly have it.

 
At November 27, 2007 at 9:39 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

there's one in fargo and one in bismarck :)

 
At November 27, 2007 at 11:05 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

and 1 in des moines! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home