Sunday, October 14, 2007

Progress (?)

Mom and Dad are out of town, so Melilot and I attacked the mess that is their basement this weekend. I'd love to just Clean Sweep it and toss everything, but I don't think that would go over very well. When all was said and done, we had about 5 bags of garbage, 2 boxes for the library, and 3 or 4 boxes/bags for Goodwill. However, if you look in the basement, it doesn't look like we did anything at all. I know we accomplished a good deal, but it's a bit discouraging knowing how much is still there. I think our next move is to convince Mom to join us and somehow get her to agree to get rid of stuff. It's going to be a ginormous job!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At October 14, 2007 at 6:27 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

I understand completely about getting mom to agree with throwing things away... and I applaud you guys for getting started on your own, at least! I'm too scared of my mom's basement...

 
At October 14, 2007 at 6:37 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

it is very defeating. which in large part is why they haven't done it and why we have to. (that, and they're bigger pack-rats than i.) and yeah, it will be a ginormous job, but everyone will feel so much better when it's done.
and diddy's lying. sadly we didn't get 5 bags of garbage done. it was more like 3. :(

 
At October 14, 2007 at 6:38 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

oh, but the girls did get somewhere around 100 pop cans emptied and squished

 
At October 14, 2007 at 8:12 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

3 bags of garbage were taken out. if you consider the bags/boxes that still need to be taken out (we have to wait for garbage day), what we did this weekend will amount to about 5

 
At October 14, 2007 at 8:13 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

plus (don't tell mom) we got rid of a very very ugly (and scratched and beat up) pedestal/plant holder thing

 
At October 15, 2007 at 5:11 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

true. we did well, i spose. now it's on to the attic tomorrow. *sigh*

 
At October 15, 2007 at 7:40 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

by yourself up in the attic?!?

 
At October 15, 2007 at 7:56 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

no - i'm going back to join her. *sigh*

 
At October 15, 2007 at 8:49 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

oh. wow, you guys are busy!

 
At October 17, 2007 at 4:54 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

it was scary. but we got a lot done!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home