Halloween
I hate women's Halloween costumes. Why do men get to dress like Jack Sparrow while women have to be the pirate wench? Men get to wear scrubs while women are the naughty nurse. It's disgusting and degrading. I even saw an ad for an all-too-revealing Raggedy Ann costume. What's that all about? And what's with the women who wear them?
Whatever happened to Halloween just being a fun day for kids to play dress-up?
Labels: my soapbox
8 Comments:
I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree... it's getting harder & harder to find decent women's costumes... and I went to Chicago last year, and it was a lot of fun looking at all the costumes (my favorite was Burt, the chimney sweep!:), but most of the women were wearing exactly what you're talking about, and that's all we could find in the stores too (granted, it was the Saturday before Halloween, but still) -- arrgh!
i think i rant about this every year, but it gets worse and worse.
amen, sister!
there's a thing on the news right now about how bad costumes for kids are getting (i'm not watching the news, though - i just heard the little 'coming up' thing)
I saw it -- some of the costumes for little girls are just as bad (so sad)
that's really sad. why would parents let their kids dress like that?
we didn't have any skanky girls tonight
thank goodness
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home