Tales of Little Melilot - Part 7

This is the final installment in the Little Melilot series, unless I remember something else that just needs to be shared. I close with my favorite Little Melilot tale...
1 1/2 year old Melilot was playing on our porch. We had a big, heavy wooden porch swing, and she was sitting on the floor next to it. When she stood up, Mel bumped her head on the swing. Mel got mad at the swing, and pushed it away. The swing, of course, came back and hit her, knocking her down. So Little Mel stood up and pushed the swing again, which in turn hit her back. And so it went. Broller and I were watching from the living room window, laughing at her. Mom came along, asked what was so funny, and berated us for not helping her.
Labels: Melilot
13 Comments:
You and broller are very good at being older siblings. One of my favorite pictures of Scout is the one you took right after she fell off the swing, with the perfect streak of dirt right down the middle of her face:)
you're such a meaniehead!
but isn't it a great story?
and obviously you weren't hitting it too hard, just enough for it to knock you over (which doesn't take much for a one-year-old)
one-year-old scout was "flying" on the swing (hmm - maybe she needed the supergrover quote, too), when she leaned forward too far. she flipped over and landed face first in the dirt.
it was so funny, i ran to show enrique and then to get the camera before i cleaned her up.
as i said - you're such a meaniehead!
actually i think scout was 2 - that was the summer of the elmo dress
Why on earth would you help her?! That's hilarious!!! (I'm still lol-ing;)
(btw, I meant mel -- I hadn't read the comments yet when I commented;)
but that's funny about scout too :) ...I'm glad I'm not closely related to you... ;)
oh yeah - the elmo dress!
that sounds really cute :)
"Mr. Chris loves Elmo!"
oh, and when my father was about 2 1/2 he bit a cactus cuz it bit him first
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home