Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My Favorite Romantic Moments in the Movies

(I call these my favorite, not the greatest, because then you can't disagree with me)

In no particular order except #1

1. Rocky proposes to Adrienne, Rocky II
2. Ben Affleck sings "Leaving on a Jet Plane" to Liv Tyler, Armageddon
3. Rhett carries Scarlett up the stairs, Gone With the Wind
4. Joe asks what if... "I would have asked for your phone number and I wouldn't have been able to wait 24 hours before calling and asking, 'How about coffee, drinks, dinner, a movie, for as long as we both shall live?'", You've Got Mail
5. The wedding, The African Queen
6. "If I Loved You", Carousel
7. "I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face", My Fair Lady
8. The Laendler, The Sound of Music
9. Jake Ryan says, "Yeah, you", Sixteen Candles
10. Brendan Fraser "ends the friendship", With Honors
11. "Singin' in the Rain", Singin' in the Rain
12. Prince Philip fights for Aurora, Sleeping Beauty
13. Jack looks at Lucy on the stairs, While You Were Sleeping
14. "You're everything I never knew I always wanted", Fools Rush In
15. "I will always come for you", The Princess Bride
16. The wall of Jericho comes down, It Happened One Night
17. "Miracle of Miracles", Fiddler on the Roof
18. "Do You Love Me?", Fiddler on the Roof
19. Lucius says "Why must you lead, when I want to lead? If I want to dance I will ask you to dance. If I want to speak I will open my mouth and speak. Everyone is forever plaguing me to speak further. Why? What good is it to tell you you are in my every thought from the time I wake? What good can come from my saying that I sometimes cannot think clearly or do my work properly? What gain can rise of my telling you the only time I feel fear as others do is when I think of you in harm? That is why I am on this porch, Ivy Walker. I fear for your safety before all others. And yes, I will dance with you on our wedding night.", The Village


Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At September 11, 2007 at 10:05 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

good list (though i haven't seen all of them).
6, 7, 12, and 14 would all definitely be on my list, and of course #8 would be #1. :)

 
At September 11, 2007 at 10:26 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

wow, it's amazing (maybe not to you guys;) how many of these I haven't seen... but what about "you complete me" from jerry mcguire? ;)

 
At September 11, 2007 at 10:29 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

I'll have to think about mine... but I haven't seen a lot of these old movies that probably have good romantic parts (I've seen Sound of Music though and agree that it should be on the list:)

 
At September 11, 2007 at 11:45 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

you haven't seen these? huh.

 
At September 12, 2007 at 1:34 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

i didn't really care for jerry mcguire, but you can put that on your list :)

 
At September 12, 2007 at 1:34 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

can you tell i like musicals and romantic comedies?

 
At September 12, 2007 at 5:32 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

I've never seen Rocky, but I've seen it spoofed a lot. Does that count? :)

 
At September 12, 2007 at 6:01 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

absolutely not! his proposal is so sweet, because it's so awkward and unromantic. but it's very true to character, and he's trying to be sweet, and he's so happy when she says yes
oops - did i just spoil that?

 
At September 12, 2007 at 8:49 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

I should watch The Village.

 
At September 12, 2007 at 8:50 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

I think maybe you did, but you might've also convinced us to watch it. ;) And I didn't care for Jerry Mcguire either -- so cheesy ;)

 
At September 12, 2007 at 9:01 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

i love the village one! it really is a very romantic movie. and yes, i had noticed the musical/romantic comedy thing. :)

 
At September 12, 2007 at 9:51 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

Except Rocky ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home