The Emmys
Boring! I don't care about the Emmys like I do the Oscars - for one thing, I usually don't know half of the people there. For another, they're predictable. But here are a few random thoughts:
1) I don't know why they bother having a host - Ryan Seacrest was hardly there at all (which actually probably saved it from being even more boring).
2) Why all the bragging about "going green"? I'm glad you're using recycled paper for the envelopes. Every little thing helps. But how much gas was used for your airplanes and limos?
3) This is an entertainment awards show. Keep your political comments to yourself.
4) Why do some categories have 6 nominees? I've wondered that for years and still don't have an answer.
5) No more than 2 presenters at a time, please.
6) Steve Carrell is funny - he should have won.
7) Giovanni Ribisi is one of my favorite actors - he should have won.
8) Seeing Charlie Sheen, Jon Cryer, Keifer Sutherland, Kevin Dillon, and James Spader up there makes this '80s girl want to watch a John Hughes movie marathon (while listening to Busy's Bangles tape!).
9) Best dressed - nobody really stood out. Julia Louis-Dreyfus looked good, but I can't remember anyone else really.
10) Worst dressed - Hayden Panattiere. Don't wear a dress the same color as your skin! and the cut of the dress wasn't flattering, either. (of course, she's still beautiful, which is annoying). Runner-up - Jaime Pressley (nice hair, though).
11) Worst hair - Kate Walsh
Labels: award shows
11 Comments:
1) it’s like those school plays where they assign extra roles (think “Mutey, the postman”;) so everyone can have a part
2) going green and driving limos… sounds like the kind of “in” things Esme Squalor would love ;)
3) amen, sista!
4) I never even noticed! (I obviously don’t watch it enough, huh?;)
5) who did they put together? (I agree that more than 2 is too many though – I also don’t like their posed lines sometimes – often having to do with the women showing so much skin!)
6) yeah, he should’ve – I guess maybe b/c season 3 of The Office wasn’t as good as the others??
7) who?
8) Who are Jon Cryer and Kevin Dillon?
9) Hmm, I can’t pick a favorite… there were a few that were almost favorites but they messed them up somehow (why do they always do that?)
10) I don’t know if I can pick just one worst – Hayden’s & Jamie’s were bad, but Vanessa Williams’ was bad too, as was Elizabeth Perkins, and I didn’t really like Jenna Fischer’s either… these women are so beautiful! Why don’t they pick beautiful gowns?!
11) I completely agree… but Ellen Pompeo’s and Heidi Klum’s hairdos were bad too!
i didn't care enough to turn it on, and then when i did, i didn't care enough to keep it on. but i probably agree with you on everything (going by the little i saw) - except the 80s thing. i'm too young for that. :)
1) yay for mutey the postman!
5) any random combo they could think of
7) who? are you kidding? frank jr. jr.! he was nominated for a guest spot as earl's friend.
8) jon cryer - duckie dale in "pretty in pink"; kevin dillon - "platoon" and a few other movies, but mostly matt's brother
11) ellen pompeo always has bad hair. too bad, because she's pretty.
(oh, and sorry about the "are you kidding?" my brain fell asleep and i thought i was responding to mel's comment instead of yours, and she knows i love giovanni)
np -- I still have no idea who he is, btw ;)
phoebe's brother on "friends" (oops - that's frank jr, not frank jr jr)
the medic in "saving private ryan"
earl's friend ralph on "my name is earl"
the first drummer (the one who broke his arm) in "that thing you do!"
This comment has been removed by the author.
I'll come to your John Hughes marathon if we can watch The Breakfast Club. And Kevin Dillon was scary in True Crime. Ribisi as Earl's Friend was one of the funniest episodes ever. (When he's going to sleep with Earl's mom.) As for the going green thing...I'm quite frankly tired of it since it is so shallow (typically). Just another way for celebrities to feel better about their overly extravagant lifestyles in my opinion. (Again, I'm sure there are some exceptions. I just mean the industry in general.)
wow - that must be an emphatic thought there, busy :)
and giovanni was great as earl's friends in all the episodes he was in
Why did it post twice??? That is so annoying. I will now delete one so no one thinks I am being redundant.
i didn't think you were being redundant. i just figured you were really excited about what you had to say.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home