Sunday, September 23, 2007

Answered Prayer

You know what's even more exciting than answered prayer? Being on the other end of the answer, especially when you weren't expecting to be.
Scout was given a bag of hand-me-down clothes (the best kind of recycling ever, if you ask me!). One of the things in the bag was a really nice, almost new pair of jeans, size 10 1/2. Scout is much too skinny for 1/2 sizes, so I was trying to think of someone who could use them.
I took the jeans to church, thinking of one girl we might be able to give them to, but no, the girl is too tall. Then I saw a family that's fairly new to our church. They have a daughter that I thought maybe they could fit. So I asked the mom if they could use them. The mom almost cried as she hugged me. "She has only one pair of pants for winter - and that's exactly the right size! Thank you so much!"
God is so good!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At September 23, 2007 at 7:45 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

that just made me so happy and so sad

 
At September 23, 2007 at 9:14 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

Wow, cool! (but yeah to what mel said)

 
At September 23, 2007 at 9:56 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

i feel like i should suddenly acquire a bunch of size 10 1/2 clothes that scout can't use.

 
At September 24, 2007 at 11:04 AM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

definitely -- sounds like she'd be ok with accepting them...

 
At September 24, 2007 at 3:48 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

have any of you read the "grandma's attic" stories? there was one where the grandpa desperately needed a pair of boots, and had been praying for them. someone offered him a pair, and he gratefully said, "thank you - they're perfect!" the other person said, "but don't you want to try them on first?" and the grandpa said, "no need. when God sends boots, He always sends the right size."
and sure enough, they fit. :)

 
At September 24, 2007 at 8:19 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

:)

 
At September 26, 2007 at 8:57 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

That is so funny! I thought of that Aunt Mabel story, too:) Also, I shared your story with someone today because it was so special. I like it when you post happy things like this!

 
At September 28, 2007 at 12:49 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

Yay God!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home