Friday, August 17, 2007

Lamps

Erma wants me to blog about lamps, so this one is dedicated to her.

Enrique and I (and Erma and Scout) were at Target yesterday, buying a bookshelf. I later found Enrique by the lamps. He said, "What kind of lamp do you want?" I said, "I don't want a lamp." He said, "You said you wanted a lamp to go on the bookshelf." I said, "No, I never said anything about wanting a lamp for the bookshelf (because I'd never said that). If you think we should get one, fine, but don't say I was the one who wanted one."
He kept insisting that I said I wanted one, so finally I said, "It must have been some other wife."
To which Scout responded, "Oh. Christine."

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At August 17, 2007 at 6:20 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

(gasp!!)

 
At August 17, 2007 at 7:59 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

she said it without skipping a beat, and was so straightfaced about it - and then she smiled.
obviously i'm not worried, because i thought it was really funny

 
At August 17, 2007 at 9:36 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

your girls (esp scout i think) are so quick. i love them.
one time erma wanted me to blog about staplers, so i did that, too. the power she has over us - scary.

 
At August 17, 2007 at 9:41 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

hey there, lamp, that's a nice shade

 
At August 17, 2007 at 9:41 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

you!

 
At August 17, 2007 at 11:59 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

I miss Scout...she's witty:D

 
At August 18, 2007 at 1:14 AM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

I miss her too... b/c I've never met her...

 
At August 23, 2007 at 2:31 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

enrique still insists that i did say i wanted a lamp
(i never even thought that, let alone said it)

 
At August 24, 2007 at 2:47 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

you should get a lamp - your living room is awfully dark

 
At August 24, 2007 at 5:47 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

that's what i've been saying, apparently

 
At August 24, 2007 at 6:06 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

maybe you were saying it with your tone or eyes or something, and he just knows you that well ;)

 
At August 25, 2007 at 4:08 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

or he's just a boy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home