Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Gender Equality

Why do men's swim trunks come down to their knees, while women's swimsuits come nowhere near the knees? (and yet ours, with 80% less fabric, cost 80% more)
I say bring back the neck-to-knee suits of 100 years ago! Then I might actually go into the water.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At August 15, 2007 at 2:39 AM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

AMEN!! (side note: my swimsuit is the same one I had when I was in 9th grade... and I only got it because swimming was required in PE... I do NOT wear swimsuits b/c 1) the reasons you alluded to and 2) I can't swim, so what's the point??)

 
At August 15, 2007 at 7:36 AM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

exactly the same reasons i have :)

 
At August 15, 2007 at 3:36 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

me too!
and i think suits should go to the ankle, so we don't have to shave (speaking of gender equality).

 
At August 15, 2007 at 4:45 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

preach it, girl!

 
At August 16, 2007 at 12:03 AM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

shave? Who shaves?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home