Thursday, July 12, 2007

Why Moms are Completely Unneccessary

Erma and her friend Antoine are camping with her youth group this weekend. Erma was having trouble fitting everything into her duffle bag (surprise, I know). I said, "Why don't you call Antoine and tell her you'll bring sunscreen and bug spray if she'll bring shampoo and conditioner." She shot me her best "Mom, you're such a dork" look.
Half an hour later, after talking to Antoine on the phone for the umpteenth time, she says to me, "Look - I have a little more room in my bag. I'm bringing sunscreen and bug spray, and Antoine is bringing shampoo and conditioner" (like the two of them are the most brilliant kids for thinking of that).

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At July 13, 2007 at 3:56 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

Duh, mom!

 
At July 13, 2007 at 11:16 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

it's raining tonight...do you think they're ok?

 
At July 14, 2007 at 12:10 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

I think they are wet.

 
At July 15, 2007 at 11:11 AM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

and there, my friends, is a perfect example of what busy was talking about with her matt damon dream. i was seriously worried about erma off on her own in the rain. busy made me realize it's the least of my worries.
friends are great.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home