Friday, July 20, 2007

How Kevin Spacey Brought BusyMommy and Me Together

this is how I remember it. busy, you may feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

About 10 years ago, Busy and I both worked in the church nursery every Wednesday night. We'd make pleasant small talk in between saying things like "Pastor's Daughter, don't hit other children with the beads, " and "Pastor's Daughter, stop throwing blocks." Then, one night, after several weeks of impersonal chatter, we were discussing movies. One of us (I honestly don't remember who) confessed, "I love Kevin Spacey!" and the other (I don't remember who said this, either, but I'm sure it wasn't the same person) said, "I do, too!" We discovered we were kindred spirits, and a legendary friendship was born. :)

off topic, but just to make sure you don't get the wrong idea, I love Pastor's Daughter. she's one of Scout's best friends, and she no longer hits other children with beads or throws blocks.

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

At July 20, 2007 at 8:50 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

You forgot...Pastor's daughter, please stop stacking empty containers to create stairs to reach other children's sippy cups.

 
At July 20, 2007 at 8:51 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

Remember like 1 week after the Kevin conversation we were discussing what type of underwear our husbands preferred? Talk about a close friendship!

 
At July 20, 2007 at 10:34 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

like i said, our kevin spacey bond made us instant best friends :)

 
At July 22, 2007 at 2:47 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

Pastor's Daughter was the best part of your story, haha! (and I think Kevin would be honored that you guys became such close friends because of him)

 
At July 22, 2007 at 4:30 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

we eventually realized it was best to put pastor's daughter in the playpen, where she couldn't do damage to the other children

 
At July 23, 2007 at 3:14 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

Remember when we put RS in the playpen and all the other kids were tossing crackers at her, like she was some kind of zoo exhibit?!?!?

 
At July 23, 2007 at 5:29 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

there was a girl in my french class who liked kevin spacey. she and i became better friends after we discovered that we both do.

 
At July 23, 2007 at 5:35 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

they were sharing, busy!

 
At July 23, 2007 at 5:35 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

and didder, i think kevin spacey brought us closer together, too (cue the violins)

 
At July 24, 2007 at 2:52 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

drinking tends to do that...oops. i mean, kevin spacey tends to do that.

 
At July 24, 2007 at 6:09 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

Drinking with Kevin Spacey brings us closest...

 
At July 24, 2007 at 8:34 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

didder was telling me about two sisters at the home who used to not stand each other, but now they're friends and sometimes even hold hands. i'm convinced they discovered their kevin spacey bond.

 
At July 24, 2007 at 8:42 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

The Kevin Bond...sound's like an oscar winner to me!

 
At July 25, 2007 at 8:31 AM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

we should make a documentary and send our rough draft to him! he could narrate the final product.

 
At July 25, 2007 at 2:11 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

what a happy idea!

 
At July 25, 2007 at 2:58 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

That guy wrote "My Date with Drew Barrymore" and actually got a date with Drew. So if we write our own "Kidnapping Mel to Meet Kevin" movie, maybe we'll meet him and get rich, too!

 
At July 25, 2007 at 5:57 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

i love your ideas, busy. if your ideas were boys, i would marry them!

 
At July 25, 2007 at 6:00 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

uh... what would enrique say to that, hobbitsister?

 
At July 26, 2007 at 11:25 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

Ummm...I have a lot of ideas. Just saying...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home