Sunday, July 29, 2007

Customer Service

My equivalent to Chris's Starbucks experience

I was at Target, buying a baby gift. I had selected a gift without bothering to check the registry, because - just don't get me started there. Anyhow, as Enrique was in line to pay, I decided maybe I should look at the registry, just in case the item was on there. Sure enough, it was. I hereby circled the item on the list, and proceeded to give it to the customer service worker so she could cross it off the list.
Me: We just purchased this item. Could you cross it off the list, please?
Employee: Did you get a gift receipt?
Me: I don't need a gift receipt. I need the item to be crossed off the list.
Employee: You should always have a gift receipt. I'll get one for you.
Me: I don't need a gift receipt. It's a book. You don't let us return books.
Employee: The couple would really appreciate a gift receipt. It will make it easier for them.
Me: They won't need a gift receipt if the item is crossed off the list. If it's crossed off, they will not get a duplicate item.
Employee: If you give me the regular receipt, I can print up a gift receipt.
Completely exasperated, I turn to Enrique.
Me: Did you get a gift receipt?
Enrique: No, we don't need one.
Employee: Let me see your receipt. I'll get a gift receipt for you.
Enrique shrugs and hands her the receipt.
Employee: Good, they did print a gift receipt for you. Just include this when you wrap the gift [because apparently I'm a moron who doesn't even know what a gift receipt is for]
Me: Ok. We have our gift receipt. Now will you please cross this item off the registry.
Employee: Certainly. I'd be happy to do that.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At July 29, 2007 at 12:39 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

Whatever happened to the "The customer's always right" motto?

 
At July 29, 2007 at 2:52 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

If only you'd been clear about what you wanted in the first place none of this would have happened.

 
At July 29, 2007 at 3:18 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

so dumb

 
At July 29, 2007 at 9:14 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

what if i had actually bought the book at barnes & noble?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home