Movie Review: Dreamgirls
I'd wanted to see this before the Oscars, but obviously that didn't happen. Anyways, I liked this movie. I wouldn't call it best ever, but it was worth seeing. Yes, Jennifer Hudson gave a great performance, but if I got to choose the one actor who deserved the Oscar, I'd pick Eddie Murphy. I think this was his best role yet. Overall, it was well cast. I also thought they did a great job with sets and costumes.I loved the music used in the performances (by everyone), but I thought the songs that told the story were cheesy. The only other negative, in my opinion, was that the scene where Effie leaves the group (not a spoiler - you know it's coming) was drawn out way too long.
I'm not quite sure how Beyonce was considered lead actress and Jennifer a supporting actress - Jennifer's role was much bigger, and it was as much her story as it was Beyonce's.
Oh, and John Krasinski is in this movie. That's worth mentioning.
And those are my thoughts.
Labels: Movie Reviews
8 Comments:
good, i've wanted to see this movie too, and it sounds like it's still worth seeing:)
and john's a cutie :)
you should see it!
no offense to eddie, but i hope this was his best role yet! (i'm reminded of the nutty professor, dr. dolittle, and the upcoming norbit;)
and i plan to (see it)! i just have to find someone who wants to see it with me...
i want to see it, too. and yes, i knew that my darling john's in it. that was another reason i wanted to see it.
this was definitely murphy's best role yet (although i did like the first 'beverly hills cop' and 'daddy daycare')
maybe you should wait to see it until i visit you again, melilot :)
(that is unless i happen to see it in the meantime;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home