Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Dramamine

Dramamine is a great invention, but I have way too many packages of it lying around. I only need it on long car rides, and even then not always. But I have to buy a box of 24, because the generic 24 count costs the same as the name brand 12 count. Then I only use about 2 of them. By the time another long car trip rolls around, I've either forgotten where I put the last pack, or else the old one has expired, and I have to buy the stuff all over again.
I left it at the hotel when I really needed it. We were driving the Needles Highway, which is up and down mountain roads, around hairpin turns. D asked how I was doing, and I casually said, "I'm thinking maybe I should have brought the Dramamine with me." Five minutes later I was extremely crabby and begging him to "Just stop the car! I can't breathe and I have to have fresh air!!!!" He stopped, I got fresh air, and I was fine.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At June 19, 2007 at 10:30 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

ooh, what's dramamine and what else does it help with? it sounds like something i might be interested in... and i understand why you want to get "more for less," but it's not a good deal if you're wasting it! you should just go with the smaller pkg. ...but i also understand about the leaving it somewhere and having to buy it again! that happens to me ALL THE TIME w/ excedrin!

 
At June 19, 2007 at 11:09 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

dramamine is for car sickness (get the less-drowsy formula unless you want to be really sleepy)
and you're right that 'more for less' isn't always the best deal

 
At June 21, 2007 at 2:23 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

i've only had to use it once (north carolina mountains), but it was a very good thing to have

 
At June 21, 2007 at 2:37 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

well i'll keep that in mind -- i learn so much blogging! :)

 
At June 21, 2007 at 8:15 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

yes - all our blogs are known for their educational value

 
At June 21, 2007 at 11:30 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

:D

 
At June 22, 2007 at 4:37 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

that's because we're all so smart

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home