Friday, May 04, 2007

The Problems With Having a Life

Ok, I'll be the first to tell you I don't have much of a life. However, once in a while the parts of my life all collide and it becomes total chaos. Take this weekend, for example. Within a 36 hour period, I have to have a dessert for Ladies' Night Out at church, a birthday cake for Scout, four desserts for a fundraiser, and a dessert for a church dinner. Meanwhile, I'm not home to bake because I have to work, go to the Ladies' Night Out (I'd love to skip it, but since I always complain that I never get to do anything, I probably should go), have Scout's birthday party, go to a baseball game for my Dad's birthday, and go to church. How do people do this on a regular basis?
On the plus side, my darling daughters offered to help. I've got Erma on Rice Krispie Bar duty and Scout making poppyseed bread. See? They're good kids.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At May 4, 2007 at 4:24 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

isn't it funny how that works? you have nothing going on for 6 months, then all of a sudden everything you want to or have to do happens at once. so annoying.
erma's rice krispie bars are good, though, and while i haven't had scout's poppyseed bread, i know your is great, so hers should be good, too.

 
At May 4, 2007 at 5:36 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

why is that, that everything happens at once?

 
At May 4, 2007 at 9:15 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

we just look at our calander a month ahead and it looks empty, so empty, so we say yes to things and then suddenly it's super full!
That's SO GREAT that your girls cook with you! My mom was way too careful about her kitchen to ever let me do more than make a salad. Good job!

 
At May 5, 2007 at 12:36 AM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

(don't tell them this, but when they cook it doesn't exactly help me, since i still have to be right there supervising and helping - but i do appreciate their willingness)

 
At May 7, 2007 at 3:05 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

i think the whole 'mom not letting me into the kitchen' thing is why i can't cook.

 
At May 7, 2007 at 3:06 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

alhtough actually, i can make some hotdishes, and chicken, and chelley and i made some kick bum lamb stuffed peppers

 
At May 7, 2007 at 3:39 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

when was that again?

 
At May 7, 2007 at 4:40 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

i think you're right, didder, about mom not letting us in the kitchen. she's a great cook, and we're annoying, which is why she probably didn't want us there.

 
At May 7, 2007 at 6:14 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

after easter

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home