Okay...
A customer yelled at me (yes, yelled) today because I scanned her can of beans. "I told you not to scan it and you went ahead and did it anyway!" I did hear her say don't scan it, but I thought she said "Don't scan it yet...", meaning before her shampoo, because why would you put an item on the belt if you didn't want it scanned? So yes, evil me scanned her beans. And why was that so wrong? Because when food is scanned, it gets contaminated with radiation.
Of course...
Labels: my job, stupid people
8 Comments:
so you were suppsosed to enter everything by hand?
yup
i thought it would be rude to point out to her that the fact that the food was in a can probably would protect it from the worst of the radiation.
i also didn't tell her that the food is scanned a zillion times before it even reaches the checkout lanes.
yeah, your title was my thought exactly ....
i would think it just being in a can would contaminate it.
and has she no mother to teach her not to yell at people?
her mother is probably the one who told her about the evils of grocery store scanners
are the scanners evil or those who do the scanning?
both, of course. the scanning machines are evil because they contaminate your food. the scanning people are evil because they don't listen when you yell at them.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home