The Angel Candle
I love to celebrate special days. We don't do as much now as we used to, since the kids are older and tend to think I'm lame (for a multitude of reasons, I guess), but over the years we've celebrated such occasions as National Ice Cream Day (I'm not letting go of that one), Talk Like a Pirate Day, and Oscar the Grouch's birthday. A few years ago, it hit me that while I was celebrating all kinds of things, I wasn't making a big deal about people joining Jesus's family. The angels rejoice when a sinner is saved - why don't we? And so we introduced the Angel Candle to our home. Any time we hear of someone (whether we know them personally or not) who has accepted Christ, the candle is lit, and we rejoice! We also light it to celebrate the Christian birthdays of everyone in our family.As I was typing this, Scout came and said, "The candle is lit! Who is it lit for?" And I got to share the happy news. A friend of Erma's led a friend of hers, Dee, to Christ. Yay! :D
If you ever hear of an occasion where we can light our Angel Candle, please let us know! I love it when the candle burns down and we have to buy a new one!
Labels: awesome God, special days
8 Comments:
what a nice idea :)
oh, and i love talk like a pirate day and am glad you've now introduced me to national ice cream day -- is that today, btw?
talk like a pirate day - sept. 19
national ice cream day - july 15
yay, it's coming up! (right in between HP#5 movie & HP#7 book!:) talk about a good month!
that is a great month!
someone at church on sunday joined GOD's family!
yay! now i get to go light the candle again :D
true! it was a few people, wasn't it?
yeah, yay!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home