Movie Review: You've Got Mail

This ranks as one of my all-time favorites. I want to be Meg Ryan in this movie. I love her hair, her clothes (well, most of them), her apartment. I want to live in New York and own her bookstore (ok, maybe work there. I don't think I'd actually want the stress of owning a business). I love getting mad at Tom Hanks for being such a cad, and I love how wonderful he ends up being. He brings her daisies - how does he know that those are the perfect flower for her (which I know because they'd be the perfect flower for me)? And when he says (SPOILER) what if instead of being enemies he had asked her out "for coffee...or drinks...or dinner...and a movie...for as long as we both shall live" I, like Meg Ryan, am left speechless. Were it not for the tacky side story of Jillian and Joe's dad, this would truly be a perfectly written film.
Labels: Movie Reviews
1 Comments:
as it is, though (and even without the jillian subplot), casablanca is and always will be the perfectly written film
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home