How to Drive a Steam Locomotive - A Sad Story
Earlier this week, my didder, wonderful person that she is, asked me if I wanted to take a community ed class with her. It's the greatest class ever - "How to Drive a Steam Locomotive". I never knew I'd always wanted to know how to drive a steam locomotive until I heard about that class. My daughter pointed out what a practical class that would be - if, for example, I was riding a train and the engineer was shot and killed, I (yes, I) could drive the train, thereby saving the crew and all the passengers. I could be a hero! And I would owe it all to Didder.
Alas (a word signaling the sad part of the story), it's not meant to be. This class has three sessions - three Monday nights in a row. I have a prior commitment on the second Monday. I'm taking the youth group kids roller skating. So, I sent out an e-mail to the parents, asking if someone else could do it for me. Only one response, and it was a no. And so, since nobody is willing to chaperone these kids (and the skate night was on the schedule first), I can't take the class.

Someday, a train engineer will die, and I will not be able to save the crew and all the passengers. Now you all know whose fault it will be.
Labels: locomotive fiasco of 2007, Melilot, things that make me cry
4 Comments:
as i said before - if that happens, just wait til those people stand before st. peter at the gates.
oh yeah, and :( :( :(
what you said
my co-worker is taking a belly dancing class
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home